Monday, November 25, 2013

Scott and I are feeling much better after our visit with our San Diego oncologist today. I'm not certain if it's Scott's new symptoms or my appeal to the California Department of Managed Care, but things seem to be moving at a much faster pace now. They are scheduling a Cardiac MRI and our doctor assures us that surgery will be scheduled once the Cedars surgeon looks at the MRI and makes his final approval for surgery. I'm not sure if I went overboard with the appeal to the state, but I sort of freaked out when we got our initial denial of coverage stating that it was "not medically necessary." That letter definitely made me don my boxing gloves.

Yesterday we celebrated Thanksgiving early with family and neighborhood friends. These neighborhood friends have been stepping in as surrogate parents for us while we've been going to doctors appointments, driving up to L.A., getting chemo, etc. Fighting cancer is a full-time job. Our neighborhood community has been such a tremendous support. We are so thankful for all the love and support we've received from near and far.

A bunch of kids.

Craig, Scott and Dean

Mike and Melissa

After Scott saw what Michael was wearing, he had a Madonna-like outfit change so he could copy the look.

Slaughter cousins (and Vincent.) :)

Marja's best Miley Cyrus impression.

1 comment:

  1. Pam I wish you, Scott and Maz a happy Thanksgiving and a speedy and unobstructed path to surgery.

    ReplyDelete