Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday, Sept. 11


We started the day with the second of three OctreoScans. We hope to learn the results tomorrow evening. We also met with a radiation oncologist. We learned that the tumor is not a good candidate for radiation for a few reasons:
1. It's too big
2. It's a low-grade tumor and low-grade tumors don't generally respond well to radiation, and
3. If we radiate the tumor it would make it more difficult to possibly resect it at a future date.

So the plan remains to start chemo on Friday.
We did learn today that when Scott turns his head to the right, his hoarseness disappears and his voice returns to somewhat normal. At one point, he turned his chair 90 degrees, to face the wall instead of the doctor, then cranked his head 90 degrees starboard to facilitate communication. So if you want to talk to him, I'd suggest standing on his right. :) 

11 comments:

  1. I would really like to come see him soon. Thank you for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeerrrrgggiiiooo! I'd love to see you. As soon as these appointments settle down, we'll make a plan.

      Scott

      Delete
  2. Hi Pam, Thank you for the blog. We'd love to visit Scott as soon as he is able to have visitors.
    We're sending our warmest prayers and love. Hugs to you and Maz, too.
    Aloha, Cher and Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve and Cher,

      Check your email. We're still working out some glitches with this blog.

      Scott

      Delete
  3. Hey guys.. sending more prayers and good thoughts your way! Take care hugs! Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, E!

      See if you can get your husband to send me some photos of your natives in their September state. Especially the manzanitas ...

      Scott

      Delete
    2. Here it is, as an album. The purty, the crispy and everything between. Oops, it's all manzanitas. (Well, I did just enroll at the Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too)

      Anyhoo:
      https://plus.google.com/photos/106588433985763064848/albums/5924085139529235185

      Delete
    3. Wow. Did you plant most of those as 1 gallons?

      Scott

      Delete
  4. Sure thing I told him! maybe sometime we can some by with food!
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys. Just heard the news. Sending my prayers and love to you. Wish I could think of something funny to say, but I am no Scott Reeder. :( Let me know if there's anything you need please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. I'm no Scott Reeder either. Every post I write, I'm told by Scott that I need to make it funnier.

      Delete