Friday, October 25, 2013

We felt so blessed to have Scott's sister, Muffie, visit us this week. I had to work a bunch of days so Muffie and Scott got some great quality time together. Walks at the lake and Sunset Cliffs (pictured below) seemed to be highlights.

Scott has been feeling pretty good this week -- he needs to sleep a good 12 hours a night with frequent napping, but the nausea is not too bad. He's trying hard to gear up mentally for another cycle of chemo. We will do another three-day run starting Monday. We're a bit bummed that Halloween will hit on what has traditionally been the hardest day of each cycle. Scott may do more sleeping on the couch than trick-or-treating this year. I hope he still wears his hot dog costume because it just wouldn't be Halloween without it. And this year, I was able to find Casey a matching hot dog costume. I tried to talk Maz into being a ketchup bottle, but he declined.





We also celebrated my 40th birthday this week. Muffie made me a cake!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Pam,

    They told me that 40 is the new 29 and I believe them. Happy birthday!

    Limly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorine and I are having trouble picturing Scott in a hot dog costume, we may need photographic proof!
    Hope this cycle is not too difficult, I'm pulling for you!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete