Friday, December 20, 2013

Scott is doing well this morning. He went for an early morning walk and will go for another one in about an hour. Right now he's sitting in a chair and dozing off but is much more coherent. Last night his potassium was high and he had some chest tightness but now he's doing fine. Most of his pain is in his back. The tumor extended all the way to his spinal column and that is where he has been getting pain the last couple of months. The big incision in his chest doesn't seem to bother him at all. Go figure? 

He will be in the ICU until tomorrow and then moved to another part of the hospital. Right now there is a view of the Hollywood sign from the ICU lobby. I also decorated his room with the banner that Maz's class made for him. When he's awake again I will read him all the blog posts, texts and emails. 

Maz is doing great. He had a fun-filled two days at Chaana and Noam's in Culver City. He has already told us that they are more fun than we are. I agree whole heartedly. :) Now Maz is staying with his cousins in Burbank. I left there this morning amidst loud giggles. I told him I would be gone the whole day again and he said "OK" then returned to playing. He won't be able to come see Scott while he is in the ICU. When he is transferred to another room, I will ask for a special pass to get him in. The hospital doesn't allow children under age 12. If I can't get it OK'd for Christmas Day, I plan to either smuggle him in in a duffle bag or dress him up with a moustache. All 12 year olds have moustaches, don't they?

Poster from Maz's class


Hollywood sign

2 comments:

  1. Neat poster. Is that the statue of liberty above the Hollywood sign?
    Man, I can't even grow a mustache and I've been 12 three times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the class poster, love that Scott is already walking a bit, love that Maz is having fun being a kid and love that you are such an amazing wife/mom/nurse/blog-updater. Love, love love. :)

    ReplyDelete